Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Announce: library-relink

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Announce: library-relink
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:38:38 -0400

Robin Farine wrote:
You can get it here:
address@hidden/library-relink--devel--0--patch-20
http://push.sourcecontrol.net/archives/address@hidden
-baz/

I tried to get it today without specifying the revision but the get stopped at patch-23. It seems that patch-24 is corrupt, the diff file library-relink.py.diff looks suspicious. Can you confirm this?

Yeah.  I moved over to

address@hidden/library-relink--devel--1, which has all of the goodness, none of the corruption.

If so, do you have any idea what caused this (manual intervention in the archive, baz, the library relink script itself :-^, ...)?

It's a bit mysterious, but I think what happend is that I did a library-add while the script was running, and this reused an inode number that the script already had in its contents cache. So when the script got around to the newly-added revision, it misidentified the contents of a file, and relinked it to the wrong thing.

Aaron