[Gnu-arch-users] Can't update mirror of remote arch source as shown in H

From: Kevin O'Riordan
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Can't update mirror of remote arch source as shown in Handbook.
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:44:06 +0100

Hi all,

I've been going through the steps in the Handbook, but mirroring the
arch public repository didn't work for me.  For the purpose of testing,
I set up a test user, and carried out the same steps again, getting
to the same point.  A copy'n'paste of what I've done is below.

I'm using tla 1.3.1 from Debian testing, btw.

    $ tla my-id "Test User <address@hidden>"
    $ mkdir -p ~/archives ~/public_html/mirrored-archives
    $ ARCHIVE_DIR="$(cd ~/archives; pwd)"
    $ export ARCHIVE_DIR
    $ MIRROR_DIR="$(cd ~/public_html/mirrored-archives; pwd)"
    $ export MIRROR_DIR
    $ tla register-archive address@hidden \
    $ tla make-archive --mirror address@hidden \
    >   $MIRROR_DIR/address@hidden

While the above all looks fine, the output of 'tla archives' is
different to the output given in the Handbook - I wasn't expecting the
'-SOURCE-MIRROR' suffix:

    $ tla archives
    address@hidden
        http://www.gnuarch.org/archives/address@hidden
    address@hidden
        /home/tester/public_html/mirrored-archives/address@hidden

The example 'abrowse' then didn't work:

    $ tla abrowse address@hidden
    archive not registered: address@hidden
        (see register-archive)

But I guess this output is correct?:

    $ tla abrowse address@hidden
    address@hidden

Browsing the remote archive works fine - I'll omit it here though.

The 'archive-mirror' command from the Handbook yields:

    $ tla archive-mirror address@hidden
    archive not registered: address@hidden
        (see register-archive)

and guessing trying the registered archive mirror, I get:

    $ tla archive-mirror address@hidden
    archive-mirror: no mirror or source registered for address@hidden

Now, I'm not sure what to do next.  The only other info I can think to
supply is the contents of the files in
~/public_html/mirrored-archives/address@hidden/=meta-info/

    $ cat mirror
    address@hidden
    $ cat name
    address@hidden

and the files in ~/.arch-params/

    $ cat address@hidden
    http://www.gnuarch.org/archives/address@hidden
    $ cat address@hidden
    /home/tester/public_html/mirrored-archives/address@hidden

(there weren't any subdirs in the ~/archives/ dir.)

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advance,
-kor

--