Re: [Gnu-arch-users] figuring out missing patches from base branch

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] figuring out missing patches from base branch
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:27:41 -0500

martin f krafft wrote:

also sprach John A Meinel <address@hidden> [2005.04.20.2328 +0200]:

2. What command can I use to identify new patches in base
  branches, which have not yet been applied? I.e. I am looking
  for a command to be run in the devo tree which will say
  'patch-4'.

baz/tla missing foobar--base--0
should do the trick.

So I have to run this once for every branch from which the current
one descends?

Yes.

in devo:
baz merge foobar--main--0

In general a branch is independent of other branches. Even though
it started as a continuation, it now has a life of it's own. If
you want to update against an ancestor, you need to specify the
ancestor's name.

Okay, this makes sense.

PS> Sorry about the delay, the gnu-arch-users mailing list was down for
the last week.

No problem. Thanks for the reply!

Hopefully things are going well for you.
John
=:->