Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla or baz changes in a read-only directory

From: Paul LeoNerd Evans
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla or baz changes in a read-only directory
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 00:07:33 +0100

On Tue, 03 May 2005 11:15:47 +0200
Matthieu Moy <address@hidden> wrote:

> tla changes creates temporary files in the current directory. As a
> result, I can't run it in a read-only directory. Is there a simpler
> way

I believe there may be some work in the baz pipeline, along the lines of
using $TMPDIR or similar rather than the local treeroot. This also has
impacts for people whose $HOME is on NFS or something else equally slow/
dodgy, or who want to use a ramfs-based /tmp.

This is an issue of concern to me too; given I fit into all of the above
categories. :) If it's still not being looked at when I've finished the
partial commit code I'm working on currently, I'll take a look later.

If anyone else is working on it; perhaps now is a time to speak up. :)

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

address@hidden
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/