Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [Bazaar] Has #385 been fixed in upcoming 1.4?

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [Bazaar] Has #385 been fixed in upcoming 1.4?
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 08:43:05 -0400

Robert Widhopf-Fenk wrote:
On Thursday, May 19, 2005 at 18:34:18, Aaron Bentley wrote:
If you did --move-old-config, your old configuration data has been
moved to ~/.arch-params/upgraded-by-baz-1.3

You are right, I thought I will not come back to tla so I
used --move-old-config and baz docs say leaving it behind
may interfere with normal operation and is not recommended.

What exactly is INTERFERE?

Since baz 1.3 uses both the old registry and the new one, if you upgrade --leave-old-config, then "register-archive -d" won't be effective, because it'll fall back to the old registration. And if you "baz upgrade" again later, the old registration will be re-added to the new-registry.

Should I remove the registrations again before running baz?

I use both baz and tla, so I did upgrade --keep-old-config, and I've been pretty happy with it.

Will it damage anything if I do not remove them?

No, nothing will be damaged.  There's just more room for confusion.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology