Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to (re)generate full revision libraries

From: Paul LeoNerd Evans
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to (re)generate full revision libraries
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:57:04 +0100

On Wed, 25 May 2005 12:27:47 +0400
Alexander Popkov <address@hidden> wrote:

> My revlib options: greedy, sparse
>
> Now, I am want to setup revision browser (web interface), which gives
> information from revlib directory,
> but this directory contain not all revisions, why? And how to setup
> revlib for storing _all_ revisions, and how to regenerate leave
> revisions at once?

This would be because it is sparse. A sparse library means it will just
add specific revisions when it needs them. Say you check out base-0 of
some project, then some time later "update" it to patch-10. In this
instance, a sparse library will only contain base-0 and patch-10. If you
want all the revisions, just turn off sparse. It runs at about the same
speed, just eats up more disk space. (Not too much more, though, on
account of hard linking).

One thing this won't do is add all the intervening revisions. E.g in the
example above if you turn off sparse, then update to patch-20, you'd get
patch-11 to patch-20 in there, but still no 1 to 9. If you really want
everything, then I'd suggest delete all the current patch-* revisions
(leave the bases), then run something like "baz status" or "tla changes"
in every checked-out directory you have. That will fill up the library.

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

address@hidden
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/