[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Problem with star-merge

From: Samuel Tardieu
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Problem with star-merge
Date: 01 Jun 2005 07:42:05 +0200

Rob> As someone else explained, star-merge can't handle this
Rob> situation; 'baz merge' can handle more complicated mesh
Rob> arrangments, though, perhaps it's worth a try?

Sam>  Also, Darcs handles this situation just fine.

Andrew> So can tla, just not with star-merge. Why are you even
Andrew> posting?

To help the original poster. You may not like it that I talk about
another RCS, but Darcs has a *simple* and working solution to what he
was trying to do. Each of tla, baz, darcs and many others have their
strengths and weaknesses.

So what was the simple solution with tla that doesn't require a
change in the original poster architecture? (4 developpers all
fetching from each other repositories with no "central" branch)

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- address@hidden -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam