[Gnu-arch-users] re: how _BIG_

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] re: how _BIG_
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:35:05 -0700

I should add that I think there's a perfectly reasonable
model for free software entrepreneurialism behind Sasha's
suggestion, it just shouldn't be nearly as hard on a person
as its been on me.

The proprietary (and abuse of FOSS resources model) of
entrepreneurialism is that you do something clever and
reap an exponential reward if you win.

I'd be content to have the risks I took paid off,
back-pay filled in, some opportunity to do the next
few things (some failed, hopefully some successes),
some modest measure of security -- basically enough
of an arrangement to confidently continue
family life.

That kind of reward could have come in increments over
the past few years of arch, quite reasonably, but it
didn't, so now the bar of contentment is quite disappointingly
high.