[Gnu-arch-users] Re: hmm. an alternative to a new maintainer. Hire your

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: hmm. an alternative to a new maintainer. Hire your manager.
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:37:14 +0200

> "Alfred M\. Szmidt" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Neither will I, and I'll probobly wait until GNU Arch 2.x is released.
>
> Likewise.  I see no compelling reason to give up using GNU Arch 1 so far
> (but since I'm not a ``power user'' I might have missed important
> flaws).

There are mainly two points:

1) Teach a beginner how to use baz or tla. See how long it takes.

2) Run "baz status" in a large tree. See how long it takes.

In both cases, most other modern RCS beat GNU Arch by an order of
magnitude. This doesn't remove the numerous qualities of Arch, but
it's just that we know it's possible to do better.

--
Matthieu