Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: pigs at trough

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: pigs at trough
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:59:16 +0900

    Miles> "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> writes:

    >> The "Bazaar sucks and hurts Tom" crowd has yet to provide any
    >> content that I've seen, the "Bazaar rocks" crowd has presented
    >> evidence of improvement but it's so thin it's
    >> nanotechnological.

    Miles> The former seems to be more like the "`Bazaar rocks' crowd
    Miles> sucks" crowd.

    Miles> An important distinction.

Important to make, but your application is incorrect.  Andrew and Jose
both assert that Bazaar itself is an engineering disaster, and Tom
asserts that Bazaar did him harm.

It's true that there is personal hostility present, but we're all
grownups here; we can discount that when evaluating the engineering
claims.  Even after discounting, Andrew and Tom have so much fu tied
up in objectivity about engineering I have to take their unsupported
word seriously.

I'd still like to see some support, pretty please, with line numbers
and lint warnings on top.