gnu-crypto-discuss

Re: [GNU Crypto] version 2.0

From: Raif S. Naffah
Subject: Re: [GNU Crypto] version 2.0
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 13:13:01 +1000

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:37 am, Casey Marshall wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 08:45:30AM +1000, Raif S. Naffah wrote:
> > this is the list of TODOs i propose to finalise before releasing
> > version 2.0 of the library:
> >
> > * finalise the documentation: javadoc html pages, info and pdf -
> > cm, rsn
>
> Probably a version of the manual available from the home page.

yes definetly.

anybody knows/uses the Bouvard & Pecuchet javadoc browser
<http://web.tiscali.it/farello/bp/intro.html>?

> What formats should be kept there?

pdf for sure.  may be tex and dvi?  i'm discounting html because the
javadoc html output seems more functional.

> > * implement Diffie-Hellman key agreement - fs
> > * implement and retrofit Properties - cm
> > * implement HAVAL hash - rsn
> > * implement CAST-128 - rsn
> > * support kissme as java interpreter - ???
> > * support jikes-rvm as java interpreter - ???
>
> I don't know if you mean at the configure step, but I think that
> eventually we should use a better way of specifying compilers and
> interpreters.

i meant at configure time, similar to the way we currently handle
bytecode compilers.

> There are some Java-specific m4 macros floating around, which (for
> example) allow compilers to be specified in environment variables,
> similar to the way you can say "./configure CC=gcc" &c.

if somebody has already done that work, we dont need to re-invent the
wheel.  any specific urls?

> > * debian package - ???
>
> Packages for distributions would be useful. I could look into making
> an ebuild for Gentoo.

that would be nice.

> > * update the home page - rsn

- --