gnu-crypto-discuss

Re: [GNU Crypto] problems when testing "saslc & sasls" for SRP mechanism

From: Raif S. Naffah
Subject: Re: [GNU Crypto] problems when testing "saslc & sasls" for SRP mechanism
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:55:44 +1100

hello Feng,

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 02:32 am, qfeng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After building the gnu-crypto by "ant jar", I test the saslc & sasls
> by running "ant sasls" & "ant saslc".

1. did you run them in two separate windows?
2. did you start the server first?
3. did the output in the server window indicate any problems?

>... The error messages are printed
> out in the client as follows. I've already run "ant check", it
> printed out "0 of 3919 tests failed".
>
> The file I used is "gnu-crypto-20030923.tar.gz".

where did you download it from?  i'd suggest getting a clean copy from
the CVS repository.

> saslc:
>     [saslc] SASL Test Client
>     [saslc] Starting...
>     [saslc] Client C0 starting...
>     [saslc] [SaslConnection] ==> disconnect()
>     [saslc] [SaslConnection] Chosen mechanism: srp
>     [saslc] [SaslConnection] <== disconnect()
>     [saslc] java.lang.NullPointerException
>     [saslc]     at
> gnu.crypto.sasl.srp.SRPClient.sendIdentities(SRPClient.java:364)
>     [saslc] Client C0 shutdown...
>     [saslc]     at
> gnu.crypto.sasl.srp.SRPClient.evaluateChallenge(SRPClient.java:215)
>     [saslc]     at
> gnu.crypto.tool.SaslConnection.connect(SaslConnection.java:186)
>     [saslc]     at gnu.crypto.tool.SaslC.run(SaslC.java:140)
>     [saslc]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
>     [saslc] Exiting...
>

> thanks a lot for your answers!

i'm in the process of modifying the SASL classes in preparation of the
imminent release of the next version of the draft.  as soon as i have a
working set i'll look into this --this should be, at the latest, this
weekend.

cheers;
rsn