gnu-crypto-discuss

Re: [GNU Crypto] [bug] configure in CVS doesn't seem to have the executa

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: [GNU Crypto] [bug] configure in CVS doesn't seem to have the executable bit set
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:35:14 +0100

Hi Raif,

Raif S. Naffah wrote:

hello Dalibor,

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 03:46 am, Dalibor Topic wrote:

Hi all,

I've tried to build GNU Crypto using ./configure on a fresh checkout,
but running it just showed an error message...

it's unclear from your message if you are (or not) building in the same directory where you checked out the project (from CVS).

Oops, I was in the same directory.

because of the different ways this library can be built, we opted to always building _outside_ the working CVS copy; i.e.

* create a directory outside gnu-crypto, say 'workdir'
* cd there,
* from workdir, invoke the init.sh script for the build you want; e.g. if you're building a gcj-friendly version, then use the init.sh from gnu-crypto/gcj; otherwise the init.sh from gnu-crypto would do.

let me know if this helps.

The autogen.sh script breaks now because it can't run jikes. That's O.K., as I want to build the library using kjc anyway. But I can't get that to work.:

bash-2.05a$ ./autogen.sh --with-jikes=/tmp/topic/current-jit3/bin/kjc
*** Info: Generating GNU build toolchain scripts and files for GNU Crypto.
aclocal -I .
automake --add-missing --copy
autoconf
./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --with-jikes=/tmp/topic/current-jit3/bin/kjc
checking for gawk... /usr/bin/gawk
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... yes
You have CLASSPATH ., hope it is correct
checking for gcj... no
checking for guavac... no
checking for jikes... jikes
checking if jikes works... configure: error: The Java compiler jikes failed (see config.log, check the CLASSPATH?)
*** Info: Done.  Type 'make' to compile GNU Crypto.

where the log file says:

configure:1772: checking for jikes
configure:1788: found /HG/hiwis/topic/jikes/bin/jikes
configure:1798: result: jikes
configure:1855: checking if jikes works
configure:1869: jikes  Test.java

Found 1 system error:

*** Semantic Error: You need to modify your classpath, sourcepath, bootclasspath, and/or extdirs setup. Package "java/lang" could not be found in:
                .
                .

configure:1872: $? = 1
configure:1876: error: The Java compiler jikes failed (see config.log, check the CLASSPATH?)

so it seems to be picking the wrong compiler.

cheers,
dalibor topic