gnu-crypto-discuss

[GNU Crypto] GNU Crypto and OpenSSL

From: Ben
Subject: [GNU Crypto] GNU Crypto and OpenSSL
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 23:07:31 -0800

Hi,
I am trying to write a Java program that exchanges Blowfish-encrypted
data with a C program.  The C program uses the OpenSSL libraries
(BF_cbc_encrypt() specifically) to do the encryption/decryption, and the
Java program is using the GNU Crypto Blowfish class.  It isn't working.
I am thinking this might be because of the initialization vector.
BF_cbc_encrypt requires an initialization vector, which I have set to 0,
but I can't find a way to set this or even see that it exists in GNU
Crypto.  Is it possible to make these two libraries work together?
Thanks,
Ben
--
A day without orange juice is like a day without orange juice.