[GNU-linux-libre] naming the Linux-libre artwork

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] naming the Linux-libre artwork
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 03:03:15 -0300

Just chatted with Tomás Solar.  We found a need to name the penguins.

'the one hanging on the line to dry', 'the one with the towel and brush'
just didn't cut it any more.

(If you have no idea of what I'm talking about, visit
http://linux-libre.fsfla.org to see the artwork)

We agreed on Freetz for the latter.

I figured the former might as well be named Stux.

I'm inclined to adopt Freetz as our official mascot.  If you think
that's a terrible idea, please holler ASAP, 'cause I'd like to print
T-shirts with him next month.

Lux is totally awesome, but I think we're better off saving him for
humor.