[GNU-linux-libre] GNU+Linux from Source Code

From: Bryan Baldwin
Subject: [GNU-linux-libre] GNU+Linux from Source Code
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 19:11:41 +1200

Hello all,

I'm developing a prototype build system for GNU+Linux that can be used
stand-alone or as the base for other more refined distributions with
specialized goals. My impetus is to have a flexible design for a system
I would love administering. The vision for my project is to be to
Archlinux what gNewSense is to Ubuntu.

I will not be creating any public repositories for binary
redistributable packages (although others may wish to do so). I only
intend to maintain a collection of scripted build instructions, an init
system, admin tools, and compiled programs that can be used to compile
and manage a GNU+Linux system from source with fine controls and minimal
fuss.

I don't have any set goals for size, speed, or user application. I'm not
worried about being the most minimal, fastest, or convenient
distribution. Because my design is focused on versatility and
flexibility, I expect its greatest utility will be as a distribution
maker's distribution and basesystem.

I've named my project _GNU+Linux from Source Code_, a fully free
meta-distribution of the GNU+Linux operating system.

        Bryan