Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: Freedom issues with non-free firmware in exter

From: Daniel Olivera
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Re: Freedom issues with non-free firmware in external files
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:36:05 +0200

Alexandre Oliva escribió:
> On Aug 20, 2009, Diego Saravia <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> also, from these guides nothing suggest to no distribute free drives
>
> Err...  I don't quite see how a driver could become non-Free given the
> current requirements.
>
> I hope there's no dispute that drivers are software, and that, per the
> definition, software is information for practical use.

What definition?
Your personal definition.

based on it, gtk or qt ar promoting installation of non free software
like Google Earth.
Or more bad yet, glibc is promoting non-free software like Oracle
Database or flash player
Similar to this is GNU Icecat when users visit youtube and don't work
with gnash and hundred forum make suggestion about install flash from adobe.

The line to define our actions not may be a personal evaluation or
personal thinking over hypothetical or theoretical situation.

We need make actions based in reality and define a clear process to
decide which package may be included.

Any personal opinion open a debate and divide our movement based in
different opinions.

we need make a "line" according to our objectives not based in
differences from personal opinions.

> Therefore, it must be available in source form, under a Free license,
> and not be significantly encumbered by trademarks or patents.
>

> Are you thinking of tivoization or some other technical measure that
> could render the driver non-Free?  Or some other juridic measure along
> the lines of DRM/DMCA-related restrictions?

Tivolization is another process.
Don't make more confusion to this conversation.

That process is force to use an non-free software to control uses of
free software limiting fredom 1.

Regards!

happy hacking!!
--
Daniel Olivera (mate.cosido, aun fuera de la ley)
Director Proyecto UTUTO (Argentina)

"Soy y seré comunista hasta el último dia de mi vida"
"La vida no vale nada si no es para perecer porque otros puedan tener,
lo que uno disfruta ya" Pablo Milanes.

Correo Electrónico  : address@hidden - address@hidden

Argentina - Teléfono: +54  11 5353-9494 Extension: 2943434
España    - Teléfono: +34 957 780744          Fax: +34 957 780645
Sistemas VoIP       : ututo01 (Skype/Ekiga)
Mensajeros          : Jabber: address@hidden
                         ICQ: 8368437
Blog                : www.ututo.org/daniel