Re: [GNU-linux-libre] now that adbard is gone :^( the ad problem is back

From: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] now that adbard is gone :^( the ad problem is back
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 01:25:39 +0200

continuing an old thread... still unresolved.

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012, Nicolás Reynolds wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:48:27 +0200, Jaromil <address@hidden> wrote:

[...]

> > looking forward to more constructive suggestions
>
> So if it's not about infrastructure, we're discussing about hacker
> wages and if it's possible to sustain our work with minimal compromise
> or having to divert our meager free time and money into it.
>
> I believe Trisquel is trying microfunding/crowdfunding alternatives but
> I have no idea how's that working out for them.

In my experience micro-funding never worked to raise more than a meager
100 EU in a year. But then maybe I just didn't do it right... It seems
to work for mediagoblin with the help of the FSF
http://mediagoblin.org/pages/campaign.html fingers crossed!

altough 60K $ sound like a lot for a single project,
but its already at 5k after short!

in this thread, after my financial-crisis outing, there was no answer
after the initial complaint of removing google ads from dyne:bolic
should I also apologize for my mediterranean temper maybe?

Now I'll revamp the discussion with an offer :^) plz help making a
fundraising campaign like this one (if it works...) for our project and
if it succeeds (lets say, can be a first step goal of 10k) all non-free
ads from dynebolic.org will be removed forever.

sounds like a deal? :) hey I'm trying to be constructive here..

> Also, back on the economic crisis, a lot of good experiences came out of
> it. IIRC, we have ~10 free software coops now in Argentina, working with
> other coops and worker-owned factories :)

wow. this sounds very cool. I was reading "ours to master and to own"
book by I.Ness and D.Azzellini on these stories. We had some also in
Italy, once.

ciao

--
http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39