[GNU-linux-libre] pending subscriptions to this list

From: Karl Berry
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 23:42:12 GMT

This list (gnu-linux-libre) has pending subscriptions going back a few
months, see below.  I asked Ruben Perez, who is normally the person who
approves them, a couple of times, but he hasn't responded.  The last
time I talked with him (through his web form, since he wasn't answering
email from rms) he said he was very busy with his day job.

1) Unless there's an objection to any of these people, I propose that I
will approve them in a couple days.  Why not?

2) Unless there's an objection, I propose that list subscription be
automated.  If someone hears about it and cares enough to try to
subscribe, why not?  I don't see how we could know in advance if someone
was a troll.

3) On the other hand, if the list is supposed to be strictly
invitation-only, then I volunteer to become the list maintainer, and
propose that such invitations be cc-d to me, and I will just subscribe
them.

In any case, I have just set advertised=no for this list (so it won't
show on the list-of-lists web page), which (it seems to me) is how it
should have been all along, which will at least avoid future people who
just subscribe to everything available.

Wdyt?

Karl