Re: [GNU-linux-libre] LibertyBSD - OpenBSD minus the blobs

From: Luke Shumaker
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] LibertyBSD - OpenBSD minus the blobs
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 15:13:31 -0500

At Mon, 29 Dec 2014 15:43:42 +1100,
Riley Baird wrote:
> On 29/12/14 15:31, Jason Self wrote:
> > Riley Baird <address@hidden> wrote ..
> >> So, it is with great excitement that I announce today LibertyBSD.
> >
> > I wonder if there is an advantage to work with the people of NuBSD [0]
> > instead of starting another free BSD?
>
> I hadn't heard of them. It seems that they're system is based on
> FreeBSD, though. In any case, since I've already finished making
> LibertyBSD, I don't see any point in not releasing it.

If I'm not mistaken, NuBSD is eventually going to have a variant based
of of each of the popular BSDs.  NuBSD Fire is FreeBSD.  There are
plans for eventual Air, Aqua, and Earth variants based on the other
popular BSDs (I'm not sure which is which); though Fire is being
prioritized as a first release.

--
Happy hacking,
~ Luke Shumaker