Re: [GNU-linux-libre] LibertyBSD Released!

From: Joshua Gay
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] LibertyBSD Released!
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 12:51:13 -0500

Hi Riley,

> Despite the failure of the fundraiser, after discussions on the
> Trisquel forums, I've decided to release LibertyBSD anyway. How would
> I go about getting it listed on the FSF's list of endorsed operating
> systems?

The FSF does not have a list of endorsed operating systems in general.
We maintain a list of List of Free GNU/Linux Distributions that we
endorse. Since, as far as I know (correct me if I am wrong), LibertyBSD
is not a distribution of GNU + Linux, we will not be able to add it to
*this* list.

That isn't to say we might not consider putting it on another list or on
its own separate page. This is something we will need to consider. I
will confer with others and we can move this discussion off of this list.

Best,

Josh

--
Joshua Gay