Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Uruk GNU/Linux evaluation

From: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Uruk GNU/Linux evaluation
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 10:41:47 +0200

dear Ali,

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016, Ali Abdul Ghani wrote:

> > I do read code and after reading Uruk's script to update I'd
> > rather not endorse it based on the quality of the code, which I
> > hope will be improved. I guess Uruk would be better off without
> > any update, or adopting amprolla to distribute its packages as
> > overlay to Trisquel's repository.

> Can you tell me What are the problems in the script??

I think you should at least make a sha256 checksum of all the scripts
you are running and the assets you are installing.

More In general I believe hashing should be used to verify that the
changes applied are those really intended.

I really hope amprolla is of good use for you, yet it is still ALPHA
stage, entering beta soon after some work in progress this month.

ciao