Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Perfectionism

From: Jeff F.
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Perfectionism
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 09:15:09 -0500

Le jeudi 10 novembre 2016 à 9:00 -0500, Julie Marchant a écrit :
[...]
> If the OS just had its own website, styled differently from the
> website selling the laptops to ensure that the separation is
> thorough, I don't think anyone would have an objection.
[...]

It _is_ "styled differently" now. That it wasn't before was a technical
issue as a result of redoing the whole website (and before that, it was
a technical limitation).

The only thing that references Purism, besides the one-liner disclaimer
at the very bottom of the page (if we didn't put that, then I'm pretty
sure people would then argue that we didn't put such a disclaimer, etc.
etc.), is the domain name in the browser's address bar. As Zlatan
pointed out, other domain names were already taken.

Anyway, as I replied in the PureOS software certification thread:

There is absolutely no part of
https://gnu.org/distros/free-system-distribution-guidelines.en.html
...that says that a distro website cannot be part of another website.
So your argument stands only on your personal opinion.

Please take the time to read my full reply there:
lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2016-11/msg00033.html