Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Skeleton GNU/Linux

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Skeleton GNU/Linux
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 03:46:03 -0500

Matt Lee <address@hidden> writes:
> Regarding a web browser, we intend to install Chromium for our users
> rather than a Firefox-based browser.

Will there be any provision to avoid running nonfree Javascript?

Does Chromium meet the requirements of the FSDG, specifically the
"no DRM" and "no spyware" requirements?  Does it suggest nonfree plugins
or equivalent, e.g. for media codecs?

I've heard suggestions that Chromium leaks private information to Google
even when users do the obvious things to try to avoid it, but I haven't
looked carefully.  Can anyone here cite reliable sources of information
on this?

     Thanks,
       Mark