Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Freeslack website

From: Ivan Zaigralin
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Freeslack website
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 10:51:01 -0700

I'd like to register my dislike of the subjective approach to the name
similarity issue as well. Not that it doesn't work. I think it works OK,
because this is not a particularly big deal to begin with. FreeSlack project,
for example, has always been flexible in that respect, as in, fully
cooperative. But it would be better to have an objective criterion, like for
example:

Cannot use nonfree distro name or trademark as a substring in a free distro
name.

A rule like this would prevent "Slackware Libre", but not "FreeSlack". But
more crucially, it would be fair, and no one would ever feel like an
individual reviewer at FSF is yanking their chain just for the fun of it.