Re: [GNU-linux-libre] DSFG in perpetuity

From: Zlatan Todoric
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] DSFG in perpetuity
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 12:32:44 +0200

On 03/26/2018 04:24 AM, bill-auger wrote:
> On 03/25/2018 01:26 PM, Zlatan Todoric wrote:
>> we already passed the distro
>> review, you can either help us get better
>> or try to fix review process if you
>> feel unhappy about it.
> the assumption here seems to be that distros have no further obligation
> after the initial review process, other than remaining active and fixing
> bugs; but that is only two of the criteria - the very topic of this
> thread is make it clear that the role of this group extends beyond the
> initial review process; and holding the FSDG distros accountable to
> *all* of the guidelines perpetually - with the invitation to all distros
> to participate in the ongoing discussions that affect all

I don't have that assumption, being an endorsed distro doesn't mean one
should stop work on it - on contrary this is WIP forever and we are
determined to it to stay that way. Being active and fixing bugs is not
the only criteria but it is the most important ones IMHO - if a distro
isn't active it should be moved in some Inactive/Dormant section because
that distro is not doing anyone favor and is also a security nightmare.

I will also use this mail as reply to other mails - thanks for ongoing
discussion and I again recommend to move inactive distros to some other
section. For having the discussion, I agree that we can have (at least)
one representative from all endorsed distros but what I also propose is
- greater community will always discuss this (awesome) but sometimes
some distro people will not have time to participate in all discussions-
is  that someone from FSF (Donald?) CC's directly all current delegates
from active distros on topic that reached point of need to be discussed
and solved by distros (aka higher priority topic). That way (at least
for me) we will not be stretched on many sides but also such ping would
get our attention and bring us in into discussion. Thoughts?