Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ppc64el support in endorsed distros

From: Andreas Grapentin
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] ppc64el support in endorsed distros
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 10:41:41 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 04:59:05PM -0400, bill-auger wrote:
> indeed parabola is very interested in these new open design platforms

I second that :)

> coincidentally, ebrasca just received his brand new talosII and has
> begun porting parabola to POWER9 - if there is help available, im sure
> he could use it because he is finding documentation to be scarce

I have been involved in that a bit, and I think the current problem is
creating a suitable cross toolchain to start the port in earnest. If we
had people with experience and ideas in that regard, that might me very
helpful.

Best,
-Andreas (oaken-source)

my GPG Public Key:                 https://files.grapentin.org/.gpg/public.key