gnu-misc-discuss

Re: Commercial code is better: Cedega VS Wine

From: billwg
Subject: Re: Commercial code is better: Cedega VS Wine
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:38:47 GMT

"Kelsey Bjarnason" <kbjarnason@gmail.com> wrote in message
pan.2006.03.08.15.31.43.316434@gmail.com">news:pan.2006.03.08.15.31.43.316434@gmail.com...
> [snips]
>
> On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 03:36:59 +0000, billwg wrote:
>

>> Commercial software has to work better or else customers will not pay
>> for it.

<snip evidence of total lack of understanding and juvenile presentation
style>

> Hmm.  Debian's not commercial.  Debian offers me all of that, and a
> hell
> of a lot more.  Explain to me how XP Home works better, since it
> *must* in
> order for what you just said not to be complete and utter bullshit.

XP Home is designed to do what the home user wants to do in the vast
majority of cases.  Debian confuses the hell out of the casual home user
and is a poor choice for the fraction of the market where the simplicity
of XP Home is a strong advantage.