gnu-misc-discuss

Re: Commercial code is better: Cedega VS Wine

From: JEDIDIAH
Subject: Re: Commercial code is better: Cedega VS Wine
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:29:47 -0600

On 2006-03-10, billwg <billw@twcf.rr.com> wrote:

> "Kelsey Bjarnason" <kbjarnason@gmail.com> wrote in message
> pan.2006.03.09.23.10.56.12499@gmail.com">news:pan.2006.03.09.23.10.56.12499@gmail.com...
>> On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:31:15 +0000, billwg wrote:
>>

>>> "Kelsey Bjarnason" <kbjarnason@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> pan.2006.03.09.18.28.05.586986@gmail.com">news:pan.2006.03.09.18.28.05.586986@gmail.com...

>>> Well you didn't read far enough, kelsey.  You missed the part where
>>
>> Where you actually demonstrated how XP is faster, cheaper, more
>> reliable,
>> more flexible, more powerful than Debian, the failure of which would
>> be
>> the admission your assertion about commercial software having to be
>> better
>> was complete bullshit?
>>
>> You're right; I did miss that part.  It wasn't there.
>>
>> Do feel free to point it out, though.
>>
> Well, kelsey, you are obviously hopeless, but consider that the
> consumers don't see it that way.  They see linux as a cheapo substitute

        Oh pulleeeze.

        They don't even percieve Linux.

[deletia]

        OTOH, DELL will gladly sell you a beefed up PC running Linux
and 60K per cpu server software. They will even stake their own
reputation on it.

        Much like a Diesel F-350, Linux is a workhorse system that
the average consumer likely has no appreciation. Even if it is an
Eddie Bauer variant.

--
     If you think that an 80G disk can hold HUNDRENDS of           |||
hours of DV video then you obviously haven't used iMovie either.  / | \