gnu-misc-discuss

Re: [LOL] Hey Alan, Pee Jay's mind is going to explode soon

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: [LOL] Hey Alan, Pee Jay's mind is going to explode soon
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 16:13:05 -0000

David Kastrup wrote:

> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
>
> > Seriosly, as for Dan Wallace, I've told him
> >
> > "I suggest you file a request for hearing en banc. If the
> > price for doing it is a restraint, please let me know."
>
> > He replied:
>
> > This appellate level ruling completely peels The United States
> > Department of Justice's Antitrust Division off Microsoft's back.
> >
> > Microsoft is is now FREE,  FREE,  FREE to leverage its' software
> > patents against open source software.
> >
> > This ruling signed a death warrant for free software. So why
> > intercede?
>
> There are a lot of death warrants being signed for free software, not
> least of all in this group.

http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/press/2010/mar10/03-03IODataPR.mspx
(I-O Data Signs Linux Software Patent Agreement With Microsoft)

"... the company has entered into more than 600 agreements and continues
to develop programs that make it possible for customers, partners and
competitors to access its IP portfolio. The program was developed to
open access to Microsoft’s significant research and development
investments and its growing, broad patent and IP portfolio. In recent
years, Microsoft has entered into patent agreements with other leading
companies that use Linux for their embedded devices, including Brother
International Corp., Fuji Xerox Co. Ltd., Kyocera Mita Corp., LG
Electronics, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and TomTom International BV."

regards,
alexander.

P.S. "Every computer program in the world, BusyBox included, exceeds the
originality standards required by copyright law."

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

P.P.S. "Of course correlation implies causation! Without this
fundamental principle, no science would ever make any progress."

Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com> The Silliest GPL 'Advocate'

--
http://gng.z505.com/index.htm
too, whereas GNU cannot.)