Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] Re: lilypond and cygwin

From: James Hammons
Subject: Re: [Gnu-music-discuss] Re: lilypond and cygwin
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:23:29 -0700

> You did sure you're using my cygwin1.dll (or the latest anyway, 1.1.4)?

Oops.  How embarassing!  Good news, it works like a charm (and stand-alone
in plain old DOS--yeah)!

However (and you knew this was coming), the american chords weren't coming
out correctly (*some* of my changes made it in, but not all)...  So I've
attached an updated chord-names.scm and american-chords.ly.  I know I've
said this many times before, but the reason that there are duplicate chord
entries in the american section is that certain chord suffixes *should not*
be superscripted.  Also, I put in a fix into chord-names.scm to prevent the
accidentals sitting next to a chord name from being too big
(american-chords.ly has been changed to test this, as well as an additional
ninth chord).

Also, do chordNameWordSpace and textScriptWordSpace work anymore?  They used
to work, but now I think they're broken.  If you look at the distance
between the Cm(maj7) and the Cm7 chord symbols in american-chords.ly, there
isn't any space even though it's specified in the \paper block...

-- Shamus