[Gnu-music-discuss] Thanks + nits...

From: Scott Ballantyne
Subject: [Gnu-music-discuss] Thanks + nits...
Date: 13 Sep 2000 05:19:09 -0000

Well, spent the evening practicing my newly typeset Levy
concerto. Lilypond gets better and better --- it really looks great
and it's a pleasure to play from a lilypond typeset part!

A few things I noticed as I was playing through it: There's a bit too
much space inserted before the new clef when there's a clef change in
the middle of a line --- there are a lot of clef changes in 'cello
music. This is disturbing, because I find myself adding almost a
to the bar when this occurs., the space is that large. I'll get used
to it, but it's really not a 'good thing'.

The ties are a little hard to read in some cases --- I had to use a
red pencil in spots, to make sure I knew they were there. My eyes
aren't that bad, and I printed it out in 20pt on legal sized
paper. It's not everywhere, but for example, a tied note on the first
space has the tie so close to the first line that they almost blend
together, which makes it difficult to see, epsecially with smaller
note values. As I mentioned in another message, I don't think it's a
problem with the curvature, I think it's the point of attachment of
the tie to the note.

That's all the new stuff I noticed.

Thanks again you guys, for doing such outstanding work.

sdb
--
address@hidden