Multimeasure Rests

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Multimeasure Rests
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 00:25:21 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> >From the reference manual:
>
> >`R' is specifically meant for entering parts: the R rest can expand to fill
> >score with rests, or it can be printed as a single multimeasure rest.
>
> How can I accomplish the latter? The manual says something about a
> Multi_measure_rest_engraver that voice \consists, but I just get *multiple*
> bars with rests.

Oops. doco bug. Added the folowing.

You can control the expansion by setting the property
@code{Score.skipBars}. If this is set to true, Lily will not expand
empty measures, and the multimeasure rests automatically adds the
appropriate number.

> \score{
>       \notes{
>               \time 4/4;
>               R1*10
>       }
>       \paper{
>               \translator{
>                       \VoiceContext
>                               \consists "Multi_measure_rest_engraver"; }
>       }
> }

Nice try. Unfortunately, the MM rest engraver must be able to see bar
lines, so it won't work at Voice level.