Re: sheet music

From: Tom Cato Amundsen
Subject: Re: sheet music
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 12:26:29 +0200

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 11:06:24AM +0200, Johan Schoone wrote:
> In article <address@hidden>,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> >Is there a program which will allow me to sing into a microphone attached to
> >my
> >computer and have the vocal music written as
> >sheet music.
>
> We have voice recognition software now, but transforming the rhytm and
> intonation into sheet music is still beyond the horizon...

Do you have any links to or names of software that can find the pitch
from a microphone? I only need to be able to id one single pitch.
The software has to be GPL'ed (or at least DFSG-free)

> The next step would be to process a live recording of a band.
> I am just curious how such a program would respond to a Motörhead
> record. ;-)
segfault

At least I personally segfault when I have to hear more than a few
bars of Motörhead.

--
Tom Cato Amundsen <address@hidden>
GNU Solfege - free eartraining, http://www.gnu.org/software/solfege/