RE: Melismatic bug

From: Glen Prideaux
Subject: RE: Melismatic bug
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 17:25:58 +0800

Try explicitly naming Voice and LyricVoice contexts. I think the unnamed
contexts are resulting in Lilypond trying to associate lyrics of wordsW with
the notes of voiceM.

Something like this (untested):
%\version "1.3.92"
voiceW = \notes {
        r4. r8 a'8 b'4 c''8 | d''4 c''8 a'8 b'4. g'8
}
voiceM = \notes {
        \property Voice.automaticMelismata = ##t
        b'4. () g'8 a'2 ~ | a'2 s2
}
wordsW = \lyrics { Stand up and stand by our u- nion! }
wordsM = \lyrics { u- nion! }
\score {
        <
          \addlyrics
          \context Staff = W \context Voice = W {       \$voiceW }
          < \context Lyrics = W \context LyricVoice = "W-1" \$wordsW >

          \addlyrics
          \context Staff = M \context Voice = M { \$voiceM }
          < \context Lyrics = M \context LyricVoice = "M-1" \$wordsM >

}

Glen Prideaux