still stuck on Cygwin on way to NT Lilypond

From: John Sankey
Subject: still stuck on Cygwin on way to NT Lilypond
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 16:50:28 -0500

I know this isn't really a gnu-music issue directly, but there doesn't seem
to be any forum for cygwin problems, and the only thing I want to run under
it is Lilypond. So :

My internet connection is too slow and unreliable to use on-line instal, so
I downloaded setup.exe and all the binaries for cygwin separately and put
them in one directory as per instructions.

All I can get out of cygwin is things like
bash: ls: command not found
for just about everything.

Any suggestions as to where to look?

John Sankey