Re: left parenthesis in lyrics

From: janneke
Subject: Re: left parenthesis in lyrics
Date: 04 Nov 2000 17:40:26 +0100

Laura Conrad <address@hidden> writes:

> How do I get one?  If I just put it in in lyrics mode, I get an error:
>
> nobreak.ly:22:10: warning: Junking request: `Span_req':
> But this (
>           a-  las) o would  _   _   _   _  have kild mee doe not doubt  _
> you;

Try enclosing in double quotes (that goes for all lyrics stuff), then
it's recognised as a string.  Bare words are converted automagically
to strings, but () are slur-requests, remember.

\score{
        \context Lyrics \lyrics{
        But this "(a-" "las)" o would  _   _   _   _  have kild mee doe not
doubt  _  you;
        }
}

> If I use '\(' lily crashes:

Over here, LilyPond exist gracefully with an error message.  Are you
sure she crashes, could you send a stack trace?

Greetings
Jan