Re: subsubtitle

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: subsubtitle
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:30:21 +0100

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> Could you please give an example of how it would be used.
> Maybe the "piece" header field is useful.

Yeah, probably.
I'm not sure what the "piece" is meant for - but I think that the
location of the piece-text is quite strange.
Adding a subsubtitle is no problem - though. If people want to use that
they do - and if they don't they just leave it empty and no harm is
done.
What I want is probably what the "piece" is meant for - but I just don't
like the placement of the "piece".
(i.e. Praeludium, Allemande, etc...)

> Anyway, if you know some TeX, it's easy to implement,
> just add some lines in tex/titledefs.tex. Take care
> that the extra field doesn't add any vertical space
> when it isn't used.

I'll take a look at it.

> In general, the problem with the header provided by ly2dvi
> is that you may want different layouts for different pieces
> and to suit different tastes. I've thought or adding
> different page styles that provide different layout.

That's a really good idea. :)

-Rune