Re: Metronome markings

From: Michael Vanier
Subject: Re: Metronome markings
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:29:10 -0800 (PST)

> From: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:18:13 +0100
>
> Mike,
>
> thank for your help. Just drop me when I become unbearable...

Not at all.  For those of you joining our program, Hector is having a
problem with embedded scheme in lilypond files on Windows NT...

> This is what I just got from traying to pass your example through ly2dvi
> (WinNT):
>
> BEGINQUOTE
> met.ly:19:40: error: parse error:
>         r16^#`(rows ,note ,speed-string)
>
> ]]ly2dvi: Lilypond failed: lilypond  met 2>&1
> ENDQUOTE
>
> This is similar to what I was getting previously. I guess something is
> broken in my system (1.3.46 under WinNT). If I understand it properly, a
> parse error means my grammar is wrong, so this looks like serious
> problems...
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Héctor

Hmm.  Lilypond requires guile, which is the scheme interpreter which is
"embedded" in the lilypond program.  That's the part which is supposed to
interpret the line which croaks.  I didn't know that guile was even
available for Windows NT, so there may be a problem there.

Does anyone else on the list have any experience with using Lilypond on
Windows NT?

Mike