Re: Gt-tabs and drum-notation

From: David J. Roundy
Subject: Re: Gt-tabs and drum-notation
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 10:19:08 -0800

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 12:42:22PM -0500, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

> Then the data by string and fret: d3 d0 (g0 b1 d2) x0

It seems to me that it would be nicer to specify the data by note and
string.  As long as you input the string tuning, lily should be able to
calculate the fret easily, except perhaps on some instruments like
mountain dulcimers in which the frets aren't spaced a half-step apart.

But then again, I have never used tab, and don't really expect to, so my
opinion probably isn't all that important.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/