Re: tab and staves

From: Timothy S. Nelson
Subject: Re: tab and staves
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 14:09:07 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

> """""""""""""""""""""""Tim Nelson:
> >         Ok, here's something interesting -- sometimes I receive a MIDI file
> > which contains only a piano part, and the part is all on the one track.  I
> > like to separate the tracks so I can print them.  Sometimes, I can tell just
> > by looking and listening which note belongs with which hand, even though it
> > looks like it could belong to either.  However, a program would need some
> > clever rules to work this out; it's probably not worth the hassle of
> > building
> > into lily :).
> ----------------------yhs
> Very good Tim! I couldn't, and didn't, say it better myself.
>
> And what if the clever rules *almost* did it exactly right, and you
> would have to be a guru to fix it because it was the clever rules or
> nothing?
>
> Or how about if the rules were in a macro that typed the new parts into
> the .ly file so that you just had to move a few notes at best or not use
> it at worst?
>
> I am sending this to the list, without even asking you. Shame on me. :-)

        That's fine, in this case, even if it is a breach of Nettiquette.  Now
we need to convince someone that this would make a good research project :).

        :)

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: address@hidden | I am                           |
Web: Temporarily unavailable