Silly bug report.

From: Tim Nowaczyk
Subject: Silly bug report.
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 16:25:00 -0600

  If I have a file titled foo.ly and issue `ly2dvi foo.` a silly bug is
revealed.  ly2dvi will call lilypond with the filename 'foo.' and lilypond is
smart enough to add the extention to it and compile the correct file 'foo.ly'.
When it returns, however, ly2dvi simply adds a '.dvi' extention to it for the
dvi output.  So the output of `ly2dvi foo.` is 'foo..dvi' (yes, two dots).  I
don't know any python.  Am I right in guessing the bug has to do with the
function 'strip_ly_suffix' on line 495 and/or line 525 (dest = dest + '.dvi')?

  Thanks,
  Tim Nowaczyk

P.S. I hope to start hacking at lily once I graduate :)