Re: Is there a limit to the number of \property assignments in a context

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Is there a limit to the number of \property assignments in a context?
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:16:22 +0100

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm somehow dumbfounded here. I have a score in which I frequently have to
> switch between various note head forms (cross and ""). Yet, after some 20
> assignments, Lily doesn't compile the score any more without a real reason. Is
> this a bug (still using 1.2.17)?

It might be that you run out of memory. One problem in the earlier
Lilypond versions was that they wasted memory copying all property
settings to every single object.

I hope you've noticed that Han-Wen sent you a gift in version 1.3.137:

> * Percent style measure repeats.

So far, only single bar repeats are handled but expect more to come.

       /Mats