"noteedit" exports LilyPond

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: "noteedit" exports LilyPond
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:28:45 +0100 (CET)

The KDE/Qt based note editor "noteedit" now has
a LilyPond export feature:

http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html

I tried to import some MIDI files from classical midi archive
(http://prs.net/midi.html) and exported the score to LilyPond:
First Rimsky-Korsakov's Flight of the Bumblebee (15 staffs,
114 measures): At first sight it looks good.

Then (as a crash test)  1st movement of Beethoven's 5th symphonie
(15 staffs, 620 measures): It works till measure 170.
After that something is wrong.
Don't know whether this is a noteedit or a LilyPond
problem.(?)

-----------

Excuse, but I still think there is no solution for
("extended" LilyPond notation):

        <c~ e~ g> <c e g>

The proposed solution:

  one = \notes\relative c'' {
      <c e> ~ <c e>
  }

  two = \notes\relative c'' {
      g g
  }

does only work in case of quarters (or longer). In case
of 8th (or shorter) this produses multiple beames.

My solution is: I always produce

        <c e g> ~ <c e g>

and create an appropriate warning.

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

> I see, you use 1.3.108. Please specify which Lilypond version
> you use, otherwise we assume that you have the most recent
> development version.
>
> This bug was fixed in 1.3.123.
>
>        /Mats

Ok! I belief it. Unfortunately I'm not able to
compile it. (something is missing)

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)