Re: LilyPond 1.3.140

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: LilyPond 1.3.140
Date: 19 Mar 2001 10:36:17 -0500

>>>>> "Han-Wen" == Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> writes:

    Han-Wen> The documentation is almost where we want it to be for
    Han-Wen> 1.4, so my guess is that there will be a stable 1.4
    Han-Wen> release within a month or so. If you need some feature or
    Han-Wen> bug urgently fixed before we ship it, now is the time to
    Han-Wen> complain.

A general point -- I think most people who've learned to use Lilypond
successfully have done it by looking at the examples.  So if some of
them don't "work", can that be documented in the example, as Mats did
for the scordatura tuning example?

Speaking of scordatura tuning, it's not a high priority bug for me
at the moment, but if I did want to do the Biber sonatas, or the Bach
5th suite for unaccompanied cello, I would certainly want it fixed.
And in general, people have more confidence in a program if things
that worked once go on working.

--
Laura (mailto:address@hidden)
http://www.laymusic.org : Putting live music back in the living room.