How do I apply Rune Zedeler's slash patch?

From: Amelie Zapf
Subject: How do I apply Rune Zedeler's slash patch?
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:02:05 +0200

Hi folks,
hi Rune,

I have one question to you - when I try to patch lily with your slash patch,
compile, do a clean-fonts.sh and some manual cleaning, do a make install,
ly2dvi and likewise lilypond exit with the following message:

error: checksum mismatch for font file:
`/usr/local/share/lilypond/afm/feta13.afm' does not match:
`/var/tmp/@7844.1ly2dvi/feta13.tfm'
 TFM: -1337322217 AFM: -1930152516
 Rebuild all .afm files, and remove all .pk and .tfm files.  Rerun with -V to
show font paths.
Fehler: Fehler: command exited with value 256
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 536, in ?
    dvi_name = do_files (files, extra)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 428, in do_files
    run_lilypond (fs)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 268, in run_lilypond
    system ('lilypond  %s %s ' % (opts, fs))
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 217, in system
    error (msg)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 126, in error
    raise _ ("Exiting ... ")
Exiting ...

This is quite unexplainable to me, because there were no more old font files
left before the installation. Or does the clean-fonts.sh have to go before the
make command even? This would be strange, as I installed other lily versions
with font changes before no problem with this method.

Clueless in Berlin,

Amy