Re: FIXME: key change merge

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: FIXME: key change merge
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:22:00 +0200

> address@hidden writes:
> >
> > I commonly get the following warning
> >
> > warning: FIXME: key change merge
> >
> > Does this indicate a problem with the .ly file or that the code needs
> > to be fixed. If it is the former I humbly asked what I need to fix(I
> > have checked the manual), if the latter does this need to be fixed up
> > before 1.4?
>
> If Key_engraver (lily/key-engraver.cc) receives two conflicting \key
> requests (eg. each one from a separate voice), then it does not do any
> check and just picks the latest. The proper fix would be to do a
> proper comparison of the two, and reject them if they're different.

I use the current implementation as a feature; you only have to
specify a key change once for each staff! The same holds for
time signatures, special bar lines and all other properties on
the Staff level.

The warning message could be clearer though:
"warning: Different key signatures in different voices, using
the most recent change."

If we make this an official feature, we could remove the warning
completely.

     /Mats