RE: Working on "completed" jazz chord list - lengthy business

From: Jeff Henrikson
Subject: RE: Working on "completed" jazz chord list - lengthy business
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 14:25:05 -0400

> there must be some rules like that for jazz chords?

This is exactly the issue.

Survey 10 random jazz musicians with this question and 9 out of 10 will say
"Yes, here's how it works . . ."  The problem is those
explanations will have little or nothing to do with one another.  Don't
systematize!  Don't expect a computer program to change
jazz culture.  And of course don't expect jazz culture to bend their brains
around an artificial systemization.

(okay so maybe I'll explain twice . . . logging off this subject for a while
hopefully, but glad to explain if somebody really
wants to hear)

Jeff Henrikson