Volta brackets

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Volta brackets
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 17:34:26 +0200

I took a look at volta-spanner.cc
Expected that the decision of whether or not to create vertical end of
volta-spanner was something that you had not yet started to work on. I
got very surprised seeing that you actually have implemented
something...
Though, my experience tells me that all voltas always get both a start
and an end vertical line.
What was your idea of how this should work.
I think that a simple and working algorigthm to decide would be:

no_vertical = Staff.whichBar!="|." && Staff.whichBar!=".|" &&
Staff.whichBar!=":|" && Staff.whichBar!=":|:"

Where, ofcourse, whichbar corresponds to the bar line at the volta
start/end.

I couldn't figure out how to implement this, though.

Does anybody have comments on this?
A tiny thing it would be nice to get working before shipping 1.4.

-Rune