Re: property LyricsVoice.stz

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: property LyricsVoice.stz
Date: 04 Apr 2001 15:02:23 -0400

    >> thanks for the bugreport. It seems noone actually tested stz for
    >> working order ...

    Glen> When I developed the stanza number engraver I had problems
    Glen> with stz upsetting lyric spacing. I don't think I ever got
    Glen> it to work.

It works for the file I sent in yesterday as my bug report.  Which is
an important one, because there are 3 verses with the A section
repeated with different words, and I think it helps a lot when you go
to the second staff if you don't have to guess which of the six lines
you need to sing.

But thanks for writing this, because it's definitely true of the
attached file.  Before I commented out the stz line, the words were
all bumping into each other, and afterwards they look fine.

If anyone knows what the relevant difference between "Now o now" and
"Fine knacks for Ladies" is, I'd be glad to hear about it.

Laura (mailto:address@hidden)
http://www.laymusic.org : Putting live music back in the living room.